What Is Coaching?
Coaching is a relatively new profession.
- Have a balanced life that works well (because there's more to life than just work).
- Ask their clients to do more than they would have done on their own.
- Focus their clients to produce better results faster.
- Provide the tools, support, and structure to accomplish more.
- Help people set better goals - and reach them!
- Take more, better, and smarter actions (because you set goals you really want to attain).
- Make and keep more money (because you're worth more than you're making).
- Make better decisions (because your focus is clear).
- Have more sustainable energy (because you have better control of your attitudes and emotions.
- Co-partner alliance and support (because a non-biased partner can help you brainstorm solutions.
- Alliance with strong professional network (because a successful business is about productive alliances).
- Reach goals more quickly (because you set better goals).
- Enjoy much more self-confidence (because you'll fell better about yourself as you set and attain your goals).
- Attain valuable skills (because practice makes perfect)!
How is coaching different from consulting, therapy or friendship?
- Coaching is a form of consulting, but the coach stays with the client to help implement new skills, changes and goals to make sure they really happen.
- Coaching is not therapy. We don’t work on “issues” or get into the past or deal much with understanding human behavior. We leave that up to the client while we help them move forward and set personal and professional goals that will give them the life they really want.
- Coaching includes several principles from sports coaching, such as teamwork, going for the goal, and being your best. But unlike sports coaching, most professional coaching is not competitive or win/lose based, it’s win/win.
- A best friend is wonderful, but is your best friend a professional whom you will trust to advise you on the most important aspects of your life and/or business?
What Is the Basic Philosophy of Coaching?
Simply put, that we humans are great, that we’re all discovering what we really want, and that we can get what we want faster and easier by having a coach who’s been there and who can help us.
Our job is to help people see their magnificence and break through self-made limitations so they can attract success in all areas of their lives.